Alight (in dreams) Alight (in dreams)

Once again,

The same fucking stupid overdone thing - a pixelated game about "dreams" and "deepness" which actually has nothing special inside it. It's just one of the many. I hardly remember the first few people games made that were actually special, but now it's just annoying seeing as this became like everything else - from dumbshit Mario-related "stunt" animations, trough all the Shock-clones, all apparently are some "huge fucking success" on the stupid NG 12-to-13 years old audience eventhough noone even understands this stuff but claims it's "deep" and "oh so explorable". You have the rating 7 from me because of the hard work you did on this, but on originality - yet again, something below zero is on the front page of Newgrounds. I'm glad at least the administrators find this funny, apparently.

Toxie Radd 3D Toxie Radd 3D

Good work but mind the fact that...

...most people own average PC's. I love that Virtua Cop feeling but you should do the smart thing and use sprites where possible, to avoid lagging. It does lag a bit and that's what stopped me from playing this great game that's also full of potential. I can imagine how long it must have taken scripting the camera movement, enemy appearances and everything else. So that's all I can say. I loved the game but the lag was a big setback.

Xplored responds:

Have you FP 10.2+?
Have you tried to play maybe closing other applications or browser windows. It may help.
Anyway you're right in terms of average PC and performance.
We are working harder and harder to make the engine better and better performing (then...implementing Molehill when it will be the right time :D ).
And, as a conclusion...thanks for the 10!

Goin Up Goin Up

I guess it's about time I wrote a review too

Well, this game is so addicting that at one point we switched with my girlfriend. It sure is genius, yet not that original. But I suppose that doesn't matter that much, programming-wise everything was amazing, fluidly bouncing platforms, no issues with most things except some unpredictable responses in the controls and spikes killing you at long distance. The game kept me playing for about a week now, probably beating all records of any flash games that got me playing more than once (there ain't many). The only flaw would be some of the unlockables - the most pricey one was predictable and predictably disappointing, which really leaves a bad taste near the end of the playing timeline for most players (when they unlock everything), like in my case. But, it was your call. I can't miss commenting on the graphics too - except for some lazyness - everything looked cute, stylish and perfect for the game. Loved how the big enemies looked like. Some animation would have been nice but it's still really fine that way as well. I guess that's all. I'm in that end of the playing timeline I mentioned, so I just had to finally review. Keep up the good programming work, and maybe create a second game with that title some day, that will fix all of the flaws this one has. Because this game is great, but it really makes the player wish it was a little bit better, there are things missing.

Sharp Trigger 2 Sharp Trigger 2

Your progress disappoints me.

You've created a great game engine, and some unique memorable titles, but the more games you make the less effort you seem to be putting. Now each new game of yours is something I choose to ignore instead of the good old "can't miss".

And I can assure you I'm not the only person who thinks like that, change something, you're wasting your skills and time now. If those little games that ruin your reputation earn you money and you like it that way, okay.

Alphaland Alphaland

Good game

The last few areas reminded me of the broken levels of the first Dangerous Dave. You get out of the level area, the gameplay breaks, and all the sprites and objects get messy the same way. That's what it reminded me, I used to play the same way with games. Not to mention it had the feeling of many old games that didn't have dynamic camera and zones used to change when you reached an edges, that way. Those things I really liked, and I'm a huge retro fan.

So overall I loved that game for what it is, and for what it reminded me.
Good work!

Donkey Kong Arcade Return Donkey Kong Arcade Return

Bugs and glitches

Aside from being faster and harder than the original from the very beginning (as in Mode B), there's a jumping glitch that's not very pleasant. One time when I jumped, I fell on the left corner of the room, from the top, and another time I actually fell under the lowest platform, somehow, but the player got teleported back up. Jumping in the original wasn't that massive and with that much force to kick the player from the top center to the bottom left of the level, so that's kind of a pain in the ass. I always enjoy remaking classics and making them harder as well but you have to stay true to the gameplay, otherwise things like that are going to happen. Other than that minor bug and the fact the controls don't actually fell like the original, the game was very well programmed, looked and sounded like the original, and as the original - addictive and challenging. Not to mention the medals which are always a win. So great work, but you have to try and fix those Neo-in-the-Matrix jumps.

LilDwarf responds:

Thanks alot for the review! This was a challenge to make, unfortunately, those glitches were very hard to fix, and it was worse before :S

ShellShock Live v1.0+ ShellShock Live v1.0+

It looks like a great Scorched remake but...

Every time I try to play it I get the "Adobe Flash plugin has crashed" error. This never happened to me before, any ideas? I wanted to try out the game. If there were single player maybe there wouldn't be as many possible bugs and crashes...

Neil the Nail Neil the Nail

Splendid job!

What got my attention is the professionalism here. Overall we have a great, fun, and well presented game!

Dead Space Invaders Dead Space Invaders

Best things in life are short (except for dicks)

Yeah guns are alot powerful nowadays, not like they were back then. That was an awesome little experience there, I'm even adding it to Favorites cause I wanna encourage you to do more stuff like that. Next step - pacman? :D Great great.

3-D Biped Simulation v1.3 3-D Biped Simulation v1.3

Good stuff, man.

Well done, a biped ragdoll simulation in Flash, and in 3d. Impressive stuff! What do you plan on doing with it?

Nameless12345 responds:

I'm probably going to use this tech in a game to animate characters in real-time. I sometimes make prototypes of experimental stuff like this in Flash, and if they turn out well I upload them to places online.